Join us on Saturday, February 18 at the Tutoring Place (6121 Sherry Lane) for this essential training session. This workshop will support teachers of grade 3 and above who want to teach students more effectively to understand and interpret poetry. Learn the techniques that work to make poetry accessible to students, and take home fully-formed lesson plans that teach students to:
- approach poetry as a natural medium for thought and feeling
- read for tone and understand the effect of tone on meaning
- distinguish literal and metaphorical usages
- address each poem as a thematic unit
- participate meaningfully in interpretive discussions of poetry
Each participant will have access to email and limited phone support after the seminar, and can schedule a free in-class followup session at their school. Lunch is included in the workshop.